Small and big wishes from Nepalese connections, for which we can use your gift well…
Wish list 2021
We have big wishes and small wishes. Below is a selection of them.
The support in education projects varies from the building of earthquake resistant schools, the financing of teacher’s salaries, organizing training programs for teachers and financing libraries and computer education.
We still support teacher salaries where necessary. We have agreed the next salaries with the teachers:
A teacher class 1-5 1300 euro per year
A teacher class 6-8 1500 euro per year
A teacher class 9-12 1950 euro per year
The actual salaries paid by the government are much higher. When entering into a five-year donation agreement, the donator can get back up to 50% of the taxes annually, because Madat Nepal is an ANBI foundation. Papers for this can be downloaded here
Construction of schools
- A school of five classes, each 5×5 m in size, to be built according to the new earthquake-resistant principles, now costs about 43,000 euros. We are planning a school in Saryunkharka, which is in the Kavre district. There is already a school, built by the government, but with about 470 students, this building is too small. It is a 10 + 2 school, so students can continue studying from this school in a larger city after passing their final exams.
- Saryunkharka is also a school where drinking water is not available. The supply and storage amount to approximately 3000 euros.
- Saryunkharka is short of school banks and equipment for the classroom where physics and chemistry are taught. The costs are 3000 and 1500 euros respectively. The library can hardly be called a library either. Costs: 2500 euro.
Computers and beamer
The school in Parchyang has asked for help with computer education. More than 500 students attend school here. They expect that more than a hundred students will join if computer education is added. They appreciate it if we help with the purchase of computers and a beamer. Costs approx. 7000 euros (already sponsored).
Madat Nepal already finances a number of courses for young people who want to continue their studies but cannot afford it. We also pay the school fees of some children. If you want to sponsor a training, please contact us.
Deaf and mute
Sarashoti is deaf and mute and lost her parents. She will continue her classes in Kathmandu from April, where she will stay in a hostel. Costs 875 euros per year.
Midwife (Auxiliari Nurse Midwife, ANM) and nurse (Community Medical Assistant, CMA) courses: Both courses last eighteen months. Four girls have now completed the training and already have a permanent job. There is a demand for these courses and we are happy to help with that. A course costs 1,600 euros.
Education for lawyer
Moona Bajagai is now in her fourth year of a five-year course. Some sponsors pay for this training through a periodic donation. She wants to become a lawyer.
Young students in Bhaktapur
- Agaman, a boy whose single mother cannot afford to pay his school fee. Costs: 180 euro per year
- The mother of Manisha and Anil, who could not take care of them, passed away last year. Anil has two jobs in eyewear business. His sister will start her senior year in April. We sponsor her, like we did Anil before. Costs 260 euro per year.
Continuation of medical school screening and health education
Experience from the past twenty-five years has shown that if we do not fund health care to identify early eye and ear problems and cavities in the teeth of children, this will not happen at all. That is the reason why we want to regularly conduct a survey among 1000 to 1500 school children. At the same time, we give attention to teach the children health care, especially in the field of ear problems. There are many children with perforations of the eardrum, who require surgery under general anesthesia in a hospital. Health camp costs: approximately 7,000 euros.
The Siddhi Memorial Hospital
This hospital has 50 beds for mother-and-child care, especially for the poor people. The hospital faces the problem that the expenses are higher than the income, because of the costs for the staff. Every donation is welcome. Madat Nepal has supported this hospital already 25 years, from the start.
Multiple disabled children
The day care center has a staff of 10 people. Three of them are paid by the government, three are paid by Madat Nepal and one is paid by a Belgium organization. The others are volunteers, but the salaries of the government employees are shared with them.
– 200 euros salary support per month for five supervisors.
– salary of music teacher (approx. 450 euros per year).
– salary for the bus driver (1500 euros per year).
– salary for the a day care helper who also assists the bus driver (1500 euros per year).
– salary of a staff member (2000 euros per year), partly provided
We still support six very poor families with one or more multiple disabled children (40 euro per month).
Fun with and therapy via clay for the multiple disabled children
Together with the day care center and Haribol, ‘our potter,’ we have been able to arrange for eight to nine children to be taken to his workshop once a week to model with clay for 2 ½ hours. Under guidance of Haribol, his wife and one of his employees, they can make clay figures using molds, make a simple object on the potter’s wheel or freely create images based on their imagination. The emphasis is on learning to use both hands, which positively influences their coordination.
The children were able to experience this for a year, but the corona stopped it. The training has now started again. Children and supervisors are enthusiastic.
The costs have recently been provided for the next three years.
Project Nowhere at home
In the coming years, Madat wants to realize a housing project for the mostly single mothers with children, one of whom one is multiple handicapped. We are thinking of a kind of compound with ten houses. We hope to somehow be able to acquire the land on a long lease and build prefabricated houses on it. This project will cost a lot of money, so any contribution is welcome.